- This event has passed.
Mid-Michigan Teachers – Watershed Connection Sign up
May 9, 2022 @ 8:00 am - June 30, 2022 @ 5:00 pm
Attention Mid-Michigan Teachers!
Take Advantage of a NEW environmental education program:
Mid-Michigan Watershed Connections
Who can participate? Teachers of grades 6-9 and their students
What is it? An extensive professional development program to enable teachers to engage their students in learning about watersheds, their importance, and how to protect them. Connections will be made between land uses and water quality, between parts of the water cycle, between interior lakes and Great Lakes, and between individual actions and water quality, recreation, and quality of life.
- $500 stipend/teacher
- $200 budget/teacher to purchase equipment/materials for teaching environmental education
- Free field trip for your students to do water investigations
- Extensive set of teaching activities including Project WET (Water Education Today)
- Assistance from organizers * Field trips for you on Lake Michigan and elsewhere
- Contact with a variety of resource experts (potential speakers for your classes)
* Michigan SCECHS
- Attend 70 hours of in-service training – between April 2022 and May 2023
- half will be outdoor field experiences Get outside and have some fun !!
- much of it during 4 or 5 days in summer of 2022
- none during the school day
- Lead your students in instruction related to the program training (you choose to fit your curriculum)
- Engage students in a research or service project related to our watershed
We will help with all of this – providing lots of ideas, resources, and guidance.
Where possible we want to encourage teams of 2 teachers from a building to work together, but this is not a requirement.
There is only room for 24 teachers. If interested don’t delay.
To sign up or get more information, contact Dave Chapman email@example.com